Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I get a little bit bigger but then I admit I'm just the same as I was..."

So, every time I hear that one line in Imagine Dragons' song, I first think of him:
{He sang it beautifully on Glee, for all of you not in the know}
And then I think of this: 
{Durp duh durp} 
Why do I think of myself awkwardly standing to the side in a gross selfie pose with toothpaste stains running up our mirror? Because, lovely ones, I feel like I make such great bounds and progress and then I look in the mirror...and I am like- eh. Maybe? {Also, I've been taking all angled side pics since BEFORE Insanity...the world just isn't ready to see that progression yet}  

Now don't get me wrong- I'm completely aware that this has only been day {TWO} of training, but I've been lifting for about two years and have almost only maintained the weight I lost when I first lost my {28 LBS!} from Insanity. {Don't get me wrong- While Michael is coaching me during the school year I saw great progress, but we also enjoy the late night foodie run so...} 
{Freaking yum}

 Today was leg day- a day I {used to} pride myself on. The reason I chose to write today is to tell you- You're not alone if you ever feel super awkward sometimes at the gym and there are days that feel like you're working towards something that may never come to fruition. For the past two days, that's been {me.} 

Yesterday, during a superset with alternating chest presses and push ups, I realized at the end of my last set of pushups that I was not going to make it. As in, I wasn't going to make it off of the ground. That's right, friends, I laid on the ground for an awkward 5 seconds before visibly shaking and pulling at my bench to lift myself. { Out of all the times these tools I don't even know want to give me help, no one paid attention to the obviously struggling girl...} 

Today- I didn't fall over or cry or anything, I just realized-- This is hard. What I had been doing on my own this summer is nothing compared to what's in store for me...and that's ok! So, anyways, just know that any type of {new} work out plan is going to pretty much kick your ass..and that's ok too. Just praise your lucky stars you have awhile before you work that part of your body again... and it's ok to use both hands to hold up your water bottle after chest day, or take a whole 2 minutes while steadying yourself on the walls around you in order to sit on the toilet after leg day. That means you're doing work friends. Press on.
In other news, I drank my protein shake on the way to my parent's house after the gym. It's only about an hour away so I was like, Nah I'll wait to use the bathroom.

{Cue getting lost for 30 minutes around Lake James while my eyes started watering from the need to pee and ending up in Burke county instead of McDowell, thereby taking a huge U-Turn and a sprint to an abandoned porta-john at a {SKETCH} gas station instead of using that protein shake bottle I started to uncap in the case of no toilets in the area}

Also this happened today:
{Wedding jar prep with sister/bride-to-be}
And then my youngest sister called saying her friends backed out of Warped Tour at the end of the month, and I was like- no one does that to her! so now I'm going to a place like this: 
 

And I like this kind of thing: 
So...I'm feeling a bit like this: 

Good thing I've been lifting, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment