Sunday, August 4, 2013

Meeting goals and not knowing what the heck day it is

Hello all,
Between the time I wrote last and today, some great summer-esque things have taken place!

Great summer treats:

-Cornhole with the Martinez clan

-Continuing my awesome super human workout plan by the lovely {and overall winner of EVERYONE in the bikini division of her latest competition- hello people, she knows what she is doing! How excited I am for her and for me!} Katie Ringley

-motorcycle riding{zoom zoom}

- Electric Run with my Roommates and my sweetest student in the world! The cool thing about the run was that I had never run a 5k before-- and {honestly} had never run 3 miles without at least stopping to walk for a few minutes. I did it! Brooke and I finished our 3 miles in a little under 30 minutes, and coming from a girl who would walk my entire mile and just take the grade deduction in gym class- I have to say it was another push to compete and do something else I had never accomplished!
{picture time}





-Vans Warped Tour with Holly was a cultural experience to say the very least. I really enjoyed myself, because any type of music is a treat to hear, but I also found myself wanting to yell at the mass of sweaty half naked people, "PLEASE tell me you are contributing something to society because you all look a hot mess!!" We also got very burnt.
I finally had my gallbladder surgery last Wednesday and have honestly had a harder time than I ever expected. I was thinking it would be a procedure with a pain scale between my ear surgeries and my tonsils being taken out- Lord help was I wrong. I really {can't even} tell you what's happened since Wednesday, besides the pain and the {FREAKING OUT} at the fact that I can almost physically see my muscles deflating. It's been hard, y'all. The constant sleeping and laying around is not my life style, and I am about to go {nuts}. Being in pain or completely drugged up and eating like one celery stick with PB and being full is getting old.

{Total transparency here--} They pumped air into my stomach to move every little organ around in order to get to my gallbladder, and my abdomen is { NOT FLAT}. It's not a bulging mass that I know my mind sees it as, but it is {SO discouraging} when you work your ass off and something beyond your control screws with that. At this point I can sit up without crying or feeling air moving around in there, which is a huge plus. It hurts to walk, and I get super dizzy easily. Yesterday, we went for a walk at the lake so there's a start.
Anyways lovelies, it's super easy to let set backs make you {crazy.} I have had plenty of totally vain pity parties-{Stupid}-I know, because the air really isn't making that much of a difference!!

Thanks to all of you who let me know you were thinking about me before and after my surgery, and to your thoughts as I lamely recover! {recover is such a dramatic word-blah.}

 I'll just try to enjoy all this movie watching and bust it as soon as I can get back into the gym. Have a fabulous Sunday, everyone. :)














No comments:

Post a Comment