Wednesday, July 3, 2013

The Long {and kind of short} of It

So here's the deal, everyone. I'm short. I have gone from being "plump" {gross-that word..I can't deal} to "curvy" to "normal but really I still feel way overweight" my entire life. Mentally, though, I have battled with the WANT to be better, do better, look better.
                                                              Who doesn't? 
I have been blessed enough by circumstances and support to never resort to anything damaging in order to lose weight, but the stress and mental punishing I've given myself for being {LAZY} and {HUNGRY ALL THE TIME} has been a bit ridiculous. 

So what's the point Alisha?

This blog is just a record for myself and whoever finds it interesting of my journey to an NPC Bikini competition. {For all of you who are like "say whaaa?" it's a body building competition.}  YAY ok so here's the story so far:

                                                               LIFE: 
Like any good '90's family, my mom and dad would lovingly dress us in mix match obnoxiously colored tees and biker shorts and push us outside for the majority of our days, forcing us to create and imagine, explore and play, discover and be ACTIVE! Although we always seemed to be outside doing something or another, I got chubby- fast. 

As you can tell, I've always enjoyed the art of eating: 



BUT! I did love to dance:


However, I took my food very seriously: 

{I mean look at that face. I was in cookie destruction mode}

All joking aside, I was active. My body type just stopped rising vertically and because I grew up in a home of arts, music, and all things literary, sports were just something you half assed when you had to, or when you signed up for dance class that was just {fun!} 

Fast forward a few years and a few moves later, I had a loving close knit family who just loved {me.} I had friends who loved {me} and so I never thought to actively take care of myself and honestly, as a young girl I believe that's how it SHOULD BE. I loved myself, I thought I was pretty, and I had the very best friends a young girl could ask for because I am {SO BLESSED.} 

High school.{God help me say this and be honest.} At my thickest I was 145 at 5' 2" {Cringe, yall. Moving on.} Fluctuating weight  for 4 years was never healthy and here comes the frustration and the {hating} on myself for my food choices.
{Senior portrait} 
College? Holy geez. On campus restaurants + beer + late night eating + wine +ALL THE TIME= we were all a little fat and happy. 

Needless to say,  I graduated and was tossed into "adult world", realizing that I was {tired} of being {frustrated} at something I COULD CONTROL.  Why would I moan and groan about those extra lbs. when I was the one not making the effort? 

Err...Hello Alisha, wake up. You've always been this glamorous belle in your head so now it's time to go get it. 
I've had TONS of help {already!!} and my training doesn't even technically start until Saturday! Those people and thoughts are for another day, however, because this post is already embarrassingly long.

I'll be logging my workouts, meals, and thoughts as I go and I'm quite excited, so tah tah for now lovely ones. 

{Alisha} 



No comments:

Post a Comment